Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I CANNOT SAY 'GOODBYE'











We're all smiles, but that's because we're good actors. On the inside I am torn and unable to deal with the reality of leaving loved ones behind-- there are so many questions: when will we meet again? how can I live my life without participating in the growing-up stages of Penelope's life? (Fortunately, Caleb and Gabriella will soon be in Brazil.) how can I leave my 94 year-old mother behind? Life doesn't seem fair. Where's my picture with Michael? with Cari & Chris? My only comfort is that God will somehow make it up to me and I clutch this verse to my heart while tears fall from my eyes: "No one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children [and grandchildren] for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come, eternal life." Luke 18:29

1 comment:

Linda said...

Beautiful post.