Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The new Guthrie Theatre is a must-see!





























The Guthrie Theatre is an experience I'm glad I had today! My "favoritist" place of all is the "amber box" that gives one such a warm, buttery, welcoming feeling on depressing, winter Minnesota days! (Hats off to award-winning French architect Jean Nouvel .) I felt a few butterflies in my stomach while walking across the glassed rectangle in the middle of the floor of the amber box giving one a view of the ground several stories below, but I reassured myself that if the glass weren't safe to walk on it wouldn't be there. Period.
The "endless bridge" is my second most favorite place and the design of the windows leading to it unique and intriguing. The walls and ceilings are splashed with scenes from theatrical plays in subdued tones and good taste. I loved it all. It was a wonderful day. Thank you, Michelle!

Put the Guthrie on your "must do" list. You won't be sorry.

1 comment:

The 4 Poppies said...

Cool Mom! And the amber room must really be cool!