Saturday, November 08, 2008

LET IT SNOW!


If you hadn't seen snow in four years like me, what would have been your reaction this morning when you looked out your window and saw the white stuff falling out of the sky? My reaction was, " How gorgeous!" I felt like I'd been transported into a fairy wonderland and I stood transfixed as the lazy flakes softly fell to earth. Every itty bitty inch of twig on the trees was covered in snow and it was like I'd stepped inside my personal snow globe. My two grandkids got right out there and played in the white stuff.

Isaiah 1:18 says, "'Come now, and let us reason together,' says the Lord, 'Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow...'" If we have confessed and forsaken our sins, asked Jesus for cleansing, but continue to feel like dirt, we are calling God a liar. I am humbled, but so thankful for the power in His blood to completely cleanse us and for complete forgiveness and I want to emulate his example.

No comments: