Tuesday, February 19, 2008

ASLAN

I'm reveling in the Narnia series, reading all the books again, and loving them--again!

Some of my favorite lines from the books:

"He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."

"And Aslan stood up and when he opened his mouth to roar his face became so terrible that they did not dare to look at it. And they saw all the trees in front of him bend before the blast of his roaring as grass bends in a meadow before the wind."

"A mad chase began. Round and round the hill-top he led them, now hopelessly out of their reach, now letting them almost catch his tail, now diving between them, now tossing them in the air with his huge and beautifully velveted paws and catching them again, and now stopping unexpectedly so that all three of them rolled over together in a happy laughing heap of fur and arms and legs."

"I saw you all right. They wouldn't believe me. They're all so--" From somewhere deep inside Aslan's body there came the faintest suggestion of a growl.
"I'm sorry," said Lucy, ..."I didn't mean to start slanging the others..." The Lion looked straight into her eyes."

Oh, there's so much, much more...

No comments: