Thursday, March 27, 2008

Linda tagged me!

Okay...here’s my list of 10 Things You May Not Know About Me

1. I went to a one-room country school from 1st grade through the middle of 5th grade, then graduated from 8th grade in a much larger school ( It had two rooms: upper and lower grades).
2. I was a cheer leader for the Nash Ramblers, our grade school basketball team and I loved it!!!!!! (Give me an "N" clap, clap, Give me an "A"....)
3. My sister Cyndee and I would sing duets in church and sometimes get the giggles so badly we couldn’t finish the song.
4. I got my driver’s permit when I was 12 years old and my license at 13. Sometimes I drove the neighbor kids home from school. Scary???
5. I fell into the river that ran behind our house while trying to walk my puppy Posie across a large tree that had fallen across the river. My puppy quickly swam to shore while I stood up, bawling, and walked out of the river with the help of my mother. Fortunately, the water only came up to my chest.
6. I love to collect stamps, salt & pepper shakers and spoons!
7. My childhood dream is to see the redwood trees in California.
8. I love country music.
9. My first airplane ride was in Mexico with missionary Danny Ost piloting a small plane. Pat was told to throw tracts out the window as we circled low over a village. I gave my approval from the back seat. The missionary was pamphleting the whole country this way.
10. I attended a summer conference at Bethany in the 60s when they ran out of water and had to bring in a water truck. I discovered later that my future father-in-law was also present that year and we may have been at the water truck at the same time!!! Think about those implications!

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Mom, I had never heard your story about your fist plane ride! Cool..