Friday, October 12, 2007

I Lived to Tell About It


Hanging out with young people makes one feel younger. (I think I know what I have to do, now, to deceive myself into believing I am young or, young-er). The campout was a great success--it was a rainy evening so everything happened indoors, but no one seemed to mind. After singing, hearing a timely and inovative word from I John 2:15-17 by Pat, they devoured hot dogs and then started on the games. By this time it was midnight....and the games and fun continued until about 4 a.m. I wasn't around for that part, although when I fell into bed around 1:30 a.m. my eyeballs wouldn't shut and I was serenaded by the sounds of laughter, occasional singing, and loud talking from below our bedroom. There weren't enough mattresses to go around, but the kids didn't mind sleeping on top of blankets and when I woke up, silence reigned. After a rowdy breakfast and more singing, I invited them to gather around my computer to sing "Happy Birthday" to my Mom via skype. (Today is her 93rd birthday). It was so cool...we singing from so far away and Mom hearing us in North Dakota. She was laughing and enjoying how they said her name,Deely.

Would I do this again, you ask. You betcha.

No comments: