Monday, October 08, 2007

GET SOME REST!

That's an order from Jesus..."Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and GET SOME REST." (Mark 6:31b) It doesn't seem like a difficult order to obey, but have you ever tried jumping off a roller coaster?
Today I feel the need to get some rest after an intense week of preparing for Missions Month in church that officially began last night. Some indicators that I needed to rest: (1) I didn't wake up when my hubby had a coughing fit in the middle of the night, (2) When he couldn't go back to sleep and turned on the TV, I didn't blink an eye, (3) While reading the Bible, I kept waking up with my chin resting on my chest , (4) I decided to lie down to read a great chapter on faith and reason by C.S. Lewis and woke up at 11:30 when my hubby came upstairs looking for lunch. (We eat--supposedly--at 11:30 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays because I leave for my water aerobics class at noon.) My afternoon was a bit more productive, but I am looking forward to a relaxing evening--in a prone position, of course.

No comments: